Lee Valley Regional Park Authority has started charging in their car parks. This group has been formed to find ways to reduce the impact on local residents and other visitors to our Regional Park.
We appreciate that Lee Valley Regional Park Authority has to find new sources of funding but we believe that these charges will have an unacceptable impact on the community, particularly:
- People living with long-term health conditions, disabilities and their carers
- Low-income households and their children
- Local angling groups
- Our thriving community of dog-walkers
- All regular users for whom the park is often a lifeline for meeting friends and overcoming isolation.
Our aims are to improve the current provision for parking to visit the Lee Valley Regional Park by having:
- The free hour extended to two free hours.
- An annual subscription at affordable rate for regulars.
- Free unlimited parking for Blue Badge holders.
Ultimately we want to achieve the best possible result for everyone involved with the Parks which we all love.
Together we have a huge voice!